Sunday 8 January 2012

Bats with Postman Stamp


Ilona in http://www.missivemaven.com/ loves bats, and I just had to buy this card for her when I saw it in an art museum in Frankfurt, Germany in December.


On the last day to use old Finnish stamps I noticed that I hadn't used my favorite postman stamp which I had planned to use in mail to Ilona. - So the postman started to carry bats to USA for Ilona.

I had two of these postman stamps, so one is left for my collection. Collecting stamps is something I don't know if I do it or not. I really love stamps, and in a way I collect them, because I have a lot of them, and I even have several books where I keep them. Still I'm not active in collecting them, and I have several times changed the theme of what kind of stamps to collect: dogs, old buildings, statesmen,... This postman stamp made me to think that why wouldn't I start to collect mailing related stamps! This is such a new idea that I haven't even yet started to find out if these kind of stamps even exist so many that there would be something to collect. - Hints are welcome! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this postcard, it is just fabulous - thank you! I also sort of collect mail-related stamps, but mostly just to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you liked the card!
    I think I would like to make a small collection of mail-related stamps into a book, so if you happen to have one when you write me next time, please use it! :)

    ReplyDelete